So I’ve been wanting to make these ever since a colleague introduced me to Bounce Balls. These delicious, super healthy, quick to make, protein-packed balls are so convenient and filling as a snack for work. and I finally did! 😀
(For 7 balls each, weighing approx. 17g)
- 5 tablespoons ground almonds
- 7 dates
- 7 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons hemp protein (I used the Purition Raw Vegan Hemp powder)
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Shredded coconut (enough to roll the balls in at the end)
- Soak the dates in warm water until they are soft. This can take anything up to a couple of minutes, a couple hours or overnight (depending on the type of dates you use)
- Drain the softened dates and add to the food processor.
- Add 1 teaspoon of water at a time whilst blending until you have a paste. This will be what acts as a natural sweetener in the recipe.
- Add the ground almonds, hemp protein, cacao powder, chia seeds and date paste to a bowl and mix thoroughly using the back of a spoon. Keep pressing and eventually, everything will be combined and moist.
- Divide into 7 parts and roll into balls.
- Roll the balls in the shredded coconut.
You can have these after being refrigerated for a couple of hours or immediately.
I’ve also got some nutritional information for you guys 🙂
- Calories – 186kcal
- Fat – 8g
- of which saturates 1g
- of which monounsaturates 0.5g
- of which polyunsaturates 0.9g
- Carbohydrates – 8.5g
- of which sugars 5.2g
- Fibre – 4g
- Protein – 5.2g
There are loads of recipes online that you can try. Let me know if you try this one and how it goes. I’ll post some other variations soon 🙂